Summer is here and it is officially HOT! Unfortunately, during the summer, your skin takes a beating! Freckles become more pronounced, sun burns just happen despite your best efforts, and skin can end up looking dry and cracked.
To help your skin, try implementing these handy tips to protect and nourish your skin.
- Wear a hat!!!
- When moisturizing, use formulas with ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, undaria pinnatifida, Shea butter, and jojoba oil. NEVER use mineral oils!! K6 Skin Care has a wonderful moisturizer. You can read about it here.
- ALWAYS use a sunblock!! Mineral agents such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are much more effective than chemical sunscreen ingredients. We recommend Tizo.
- Ladies, use make-up sparingly. It is better to use a tinted moisturizer with zinc oxide for SPF protection.
- Keep your skin clean – wash every day with a mild cleanser – not bar soap!! K6 skin care is a great option.
- Drink, drink, drink!!!! Lots of water is necessary in increased temperatures to keep your skin hydrated and looking healthy.