Nothing beats a bowl of chili on a cold night! This chili is actually a mix between a chili and a stew. Either way, it will quickly become a family favorite. This recipe is perfect for those of you that are wanting to eat clean this year. Whether you are Paleo, doing the Whole 30, or just enjoy a good bowl of chili, this recipe is for you!
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 32 oz carton chicken broth
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ t crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can whole coconut milk
- Avocados (optional)
1. Boil chicken thighs until cooked through. Remove from water. Set aside until cooled.
2. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone.
3. While chicken is boiling, saute onion, bell peppers, and garlic in a pan. Set aside.
4. Put sweet potatoes and 32 ounces chicken broth in a large pot and cook until the potatoes are tender. (About 15 minutes.)
5. Once the potatoes are tender, add chicken, remaining vegetables. and seasonings to pot. Add more chicken broth, if desired.
6. Simmer on low for 20-30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, add the coconut milk.
7. Serve with avocado and cilantro, if desired.