My favorite salad of all time is a Spinach Strawberry Salad. It is so simple (maybe that’s why I love it) with so much flavor. It’s perfect for lunch or you can add grilled chicken and serve it for supper!-
bag of spinach
6-8 strawberries, sliced
2 hard-boiled eggs
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup pecan halves
1. Toss spinach in bowl. Add sliced strawberries.
2. Boil eggs for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Peel and slice. Add to salad.
3. Fry bacon until crispy. (Reserve 3 TBSP of fat for dressing.) Allow bacon to cool. Crumble. Add to salad.
4. Add pecan to bacon dripping. Toast for a few minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly and add to salad.
5. Toss salad lightly. Serve with dressing.
3 TBSP Rendered Bacon Fat
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP Raw Honey
1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
Transfer the fat to a small saucepan set over low heat and whisk in the red wine vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly. Serve.