My daughter kept asking me “what kind of cobbler did you say you are making?” At first she thought I was putting red celery in the cobbler. She had never tried rhubarb before. I love it when I introduce new fruits and vegetable to my kids and it’s even better when they LOVE it! If you have never tasted Rhubarb, this cobbler is the perfect place to start! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- zest from one lemon
- 4 tablespoons honey (you can add up to 6, if you want it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup.)
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter (I used butter.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the strawberries and rhubarb in the mixing bowl. Add the rest of the “filling” ingredients.
3. Stir lightly.
4. Pour into a deep dish pie plate or a 8×8 pan.
5. Combine nuts, flour, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
6. Pour honey and mix lightly.
7. Add coconut oil or butter. Mix with your hands until the topping looks crumbly.
8. Pour over fruit. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!!
If you want to know more about rhubarb, you can read about it here.