I love quiche and haven’t been able to enjoy it since I went grain free….until NOW! Sweet potatoes are used instead of crust. This recipe is so delicious.Feel free to experiment with different ingredients. Anything can be added to quiche (spinach, tomatoes, peppers, etc.) It’s great for breakfast or even for dinner!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 pound organic breakfast sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10 eggs
- 2 TBSP coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Herbes De Provence (found at Whole Foods)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil a pie plate with olive oil.
3. Peel the sweet potato and slice in very thin slices. Cover the bottom of the pie plate, overlapping slightly.
4. Brown the sausage and the onion.
5. After the sausage is browned, pour on top of sweet potatoes.
6. Add the eggs, milk and seasonings to a bowl and whisk.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
*This recipe is adapted from Against All Grain.