Did you know the cooked roasted chickens you buy from the grocery store are made with sugar? I didn’t either, until I read the ingredients.
Now, this is my go to recipe for an easy and delicious dinner. (It is also great to serve if you have company coming over!)
a roasting chicken
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. pepper
fresh herbs of your choosing – I chose rosemary on this particular day – 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary precisely.
1. Wash the chicken.
2. Put the whole garlic cloves inside the cavity of the bird and add one half of the lime. As a side note, I bake any bird breast side down in order to keep the breast meet juicy and wonderful.
3. Rub the bird with the salt and pepper mixture and tuck the fresh rosemary either under the skin or just lay them inside the wing.
4. Slice the other half of the lime and lay the lime slices on top of the bird. Place one slice between the breast and the bottom of the pan.
5. Drizzle about 2 Tbs of any kind of vinegar around the bird along with about 2 Tbs of water.
6. Cover TIGHTLY with foil or put a lid on it. I hate dry meat – if you get a tight seal, you don’t lose moisture like you do when you cook the meat uncovered.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1.5 – 2 hours. Take the lid/foil off, turn the bird over, and bake for 10 minutes longer so it is pretty and brown.
This is a scrumptious and easy meal to prepare. It looks impressive but it is very healthy and easy on the wallet. I hope you enjoy it and please share your comments!