Now that cooler weather is here, it’s time to break out all the PUMPKIN recipes! (Insert happy dance here.) I love pumpkin recipes and these pumpkin waffles are at the top of my list. They are perfect for a lazy Saturday morning.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned, organic pumpkin
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp grass fed butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Combine pumpkin, eggs, almond milk, melted butter, honey and vanilla. Stir until well blended
2. Combine almond and coconut flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir well.
4. Pour 2/3 cup onto a hot waffle maker. I used a Belgium waffle maker. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, you may need to adjust the amount of batter needed.
5. Cook as directed, according to your machine.
6. Top with butter and maple syrup.