Pecan-Crusted Chicken is one of our family’s favorite meals. (Plus it’s a healthy alternative to chicken nuggets!) It easy enough to throw together in the evening, plus it’s fancy enough to serve if you have company coming over.
For a delicious meal, serve with mashed cauliflower and fresh green beans. (I toss the green beans in a baking dish with some olive oil, salt and pepper and bake them at the same time I’m baking the chicken.)
2 1/2 cups pecan
2 large eggs
2 TBSP butter, melted
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme
2 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
2. Combine all spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine the pecans and 1/2 TBSP spice mixture. Chop. Pour onto a plate.
4. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, butter and remaining seasoning. One at a time, dip the chicken into the egg mixture then dredge in the pecan mixture. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake, until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and serve.