Have you ever wanted to make your own stevia? You might be thinking, “why do I need to make it, when I can buy it?”
Making your own is so much more cost effective than buying it. One batch will last our family up to 6 months and we use it often. Also, have you noticed how the store-bought stevia can taste a little bitter.When I make my own, it tastes a lot less bitter. Plus you can be more creative and add different flavors when you make it yourself!
- 1 part Everclear or Vodka (95% alcohol) *If you are on a gluten-sensitive, you will want to use Vodka
- 4 parts distilled water-boiling
- Dry Stevia Powder (not the green stevia)
- *Flavoring-optional (lemon extract, vanilla extract, peppermint oil, etc)
1. Boil the water
2. Add stevia powder to a large glass bowl.
3. Pour boiling water into bowl with stevia powder. Stir with a wooden spoon until powder is dissolved.
This is what it will look like when dissolved.
4. Let it cool to room temperature.
5. Add the alcohol and stir.
We store ours in a large mason jar and refill our dropper as needed.
If you want to add different flavors, pour about 1 cup in a mason jar.
For the vanilla flavor, add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract to 1 cup stevia. *Add more or less to taste.
Vanilla flavoring is wonderful in coffee!
For lemon flavor, add 1/2 tsp lemon extract to 1 cup stevia. *Add more or less to taste.
Lemon flavoring tastes wonderful in iced tea!