I rarely miss eating grains, but sometimes I just want to eat pancakes. I guess my daughter has heard me talk about my love of pancakes once or twice, because one morning when I got home from the gym, these plantain pancakes were waiting for me! A beautiful plate of deliciousness!!! You will want to pick up a couple of plantains today so you can make these this weekend.
You can thank me later. 😉
- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Extra coconut oil for frying
- Peel plantains and quarter them. (It’s easier to quarter them before you peel them.) Throw pieces in your blender (best option) or food processor. Blend to form a smooth batter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and process on high for an additional minute (or 2-3 with a food processor to get a really good smooth batter).
- Heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a pan or griddle. We used a griddle. Pour batter onto the griddle.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it (just like regular pancakes!).
- Flip! And cook on the second side for 1½-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.
*recipe is from Paleo Mom- Perfect Paleo Pancakes.