Every once in a while I crave muffins. Since I went grain and sugar free, most muffin recipes leave me less than satisfied.
I tried a new Pumpkin Muffin recipe and they turned out wonderful! We even served them to a friend who eats sugar and she loved them. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did!
Grain-free, Sugar-free Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 small ripe bananas; mashed
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk (more if needed)
- chopped pecans for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan with muffin liners.
1. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
2. Combine liquid ingredients in small bowl.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir. Add more coconut milk at this time, if needed.
4. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Top each muffin with pecans and sprinkle with pumpkin pie, if desired.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.