Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, which is perfect for those of us who don’t eat grains! There are so many different ways to make a frittata. You can add any meat or vegetable that you like. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. They are also delicious cold, so they make perfect leftovers!
I love to make this recipe because everything cooks in one dish, which means easy clean up for Mom!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 10 large pastured eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 1 TBSP coconut oil to a large cast-iron skillet, melt. Add onion and saute until soft.
3. Add ground beef to onion. Cook until almost brown. Add broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and add the coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Beat with a fork.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is set.
6. Place the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Then crank the heat up to broil for another 2 minutes or until the frittata puffs up, is cooked all the way through, and is golden brown.