My favorite dessert for Valentine’s Day is Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I prefer strawberries over any Valentine’s candy any day! My husband learned this a long time ago and always spends a few minutes making me strawberries for Valentine’s Day.
- 16 ounces dark chocolate morsels or 1 bar dark chocolate (broken into pieces) (70% cocoa or more)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by their stems, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture, allowing the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place the strawberries on wax paper to cool.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
You can also dip bananas in chocolate and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Make sure you use a toothpick to help dip the bananas. (My little girl made the ones below!)