If you do, you will love this soup recipe. It is very easy to make plus you will use up all your leftover turkey. 🙂 This soup is a HUGE hit with my family .
- Leftover turkey (you can also use chicken) (approx. 2-3 cups)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups free-range, organic chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- can of coconut milk (not low-fat)
1. Dice all your turkey. I put the wings and legs in a pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes and the meat fell off the bone. I discarded the water.
2. Saute the onion with a tsp. of butter.
3. In a large pot, add the onion and all the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. I also added 2 tsp. of “Slap Ya Mama” seasoning. You can find it at several grocery stores or on Amazon. (It is one of my favorite seasonings!! I put it on everything.)
4. Add the turkey and chicken broth. If you need more liquid to cover the vegetables, add a cup or two of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, add the can of coconut milk and stir.
I enjoyed this soup so much and it was the first time in years I did’t have to throw any turkey away. Enjoy!