Have you tried the one-ingredient banana ice-cream? One word describes it. AMAZING. I still can’t believe when you throw a banana into a food processor, you get a delicious banana ice-cream, but you do.
Here’s one of my favorite ways to eat banana ice-cream. (If you can’t eat nuts, just omit the other ingredients and blend the banana.)
4-5 ripe bananas (make sure they are very ripe!)
1/4 cup pecans, toasted (make sure they are cooled so it doesn’t melt the ice-cream.
1-2 tsps almond butter
- Peel your bananas and cut into small pieces.
- Place bananas on a plate and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- Put frozen banana in food processor and blend.
- Scrape down sides and keep blending.
5. Add 1-2 tsp. almond butter and 1/4 c. pecans. Keep blending. With my machine, it takes around 45-60 seconds and the banana starts to look like ice-cream. It could take several minutes depending on your machine.
6.When it starts to get gooey and look like ice-cream, you are finished. Serve in bowl and top with toasted pecans.