Essential oils are a versatile part of a natural medicine cabinet. They work to support the body’s own healing system. Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways.
We have listed some of our favorite oils and favorite ways to use them for natural healing and minor first aid.
- Helps with cuts and bloody nose (apply 3-12 drops around the bleeding area but not on the bleeding area. Put on area near veins.)
- Adds potency to any situation.
- Gentle, can use for an infant.
- Considered to cure all ailments, except directly in the eyes.
- Great for cuts, burns, any skin problem, scrape, acne, etc.
- Rub on feet or on pillow to help sleep.
- Use with frankincense for an added effect.
- Great antibacterial
- Good for food poisoning
- Good for stomach, heartburn, re-flux, and hiccups
- Use to purify drinking water, if it contains chlorine.
- Do not use on skin exposed to sunlight.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- smooths digestion
- very penetrating
- Rub on ears, neck and shoulders to relieve overheating.
- If fever is <104, no need to worry. Apply peppermint on spine and head to bring fever down a few points.
- Rub on temples for a headache or on the roof of the mouth.
- Excellent for pain- on temples or apply wherever there is pain, as long as there is no broken skin. Rub under feet for reducing fever or to cool down on a hot day or when playing sports.
- Add to water while you are playing sports.
- Rub on chest instead of Vicks VaporRub.
- Rub on temples in the morning to wake up.
- Drops in water will help decrease appetite.
- Gall bladder attack: 8 drops peppermint in water.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
Thieves, Ancient Robbers or K6 Protect Essential Blend
- Can be uses as an oil, spray or hand purifier.
- Use spray to purify any area.
- Rub on throat for a sore throat.
- Rub on bottom of feet for immune system.
- Rub on chest for congestion, cold, flu, or rub directly on infection.
- Use fingers to put directly on gums fort tooth ache or teething.
- Use to sterilize hands after public restroom.
- Rub around ears for earache.
There are so many great uses for essential oils, but this is a great list to get you started. What is your favorite oil or your favorite use?
If you want to read more about essential oils, read our post Easy Ways to Use Essential Oils.
Our goal at K6 Wellness is to help you and your family on your journey to great health. Please let us know how we can help you.