If you are alive, you are accumulating toxins. Your body houses 4 natural elimination systems: your lungs, kidneys, skin, and bowels. Today we will concentrate on your bowels. Here is a quick, crude quiz to determine whether your bowels need some “tuning up”.
Answer Yes or No to the following questions:
1. Do you skip days between bowel movements?
2. Does the bathroom stink after you have had a bowel movement?
3. Do you have to strain or push in order to evacuate your bowels?
4. Does your poop resemble rocks?
If you answered yes to even one question, your bowels are in need of some support. Here’s why: As you digest and metabolize your food, your body takes toxins from your cells and tissues and sends them to your liver. Then they get packaged up and delivered into your digestive system. From there, it’s your job to make sure they exit your body. Otherwise, they get reabsorbed through the wall of your intestines and recirculated through your lymphatic system. Sound gross? It is. If you need some bowel support, consider using some of the following tips to improve your bowel health.
- Drink plenty of water – at least half your body weight in ounces of water… before coffee, tea or other beverages.
- Eat 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds to your food intake
- Take 300-600 mg of Magnesium citrate twice daily
- Take 2,000 mg of buffered vitamin C
- Take an herbal laxative – but not every day! Only use for short periods of time to help get your bowels “back on track”.
- Go for a walk.. or run… or anything. Moving your body will help to stimulate bowel elimination, so do not forget to exercise every day!
- Sweat profusely at least once a day. Again, exercise is so very important!
If the above suggestions do not do the trick, call us – you need professional help to get to the root of your problem!
Information based on The 10-day Detox Diet by Dr Mark Hyman