Cold and Flu season is here and is worse than ever! What can you do to keep you and your family healthy?
On our last post, we discussed the value of taking Vitamin D3 instead of getting a flu shot.
Here are some other tips for cold & flu prevention:
1. Avoid sick people – Stay home if someone is inconsiderate enough to bring a sick person to a social event. Educate others about sneezing into their arm, not their hand.
2. Wash your hands often – Whenever you have been in a public place, wash immediately! Money, door knobs, grocery carts, phones and keyboards all carry lots of germs.
3. Blow your nose – don’t ‘sniff” – Get the germs out – don’t stuff them back in – enough said?
4. Increase your sunshine and water – Get your vitamin D everyday by spending at least 20 minutes in the sunshine. Be sure to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day too. (You can read about the importance of water here.)
5. Don’t let your negative emotions rule you – Don’t let anger get the best of you. Negative emotions can impact your health. Deep breathing, consciously forgiving, and being compassionate in word and deed can all boost your health!
6. Get at least 8 hours of sleep – It’s dark outside- go to sleep! Your body needs the rest in order to repair and refresh each day. Turn off all lights and sound and get some extra zzzz’s.
Some of my favorite remedies for this time of year:
Clear with spit – if someone is coming down with something, have them spit in a glass and hold it while you perform the desensitization tapping up and down their spine. Have them hold it for 15 minutes. Repeat with everyone in the house, using the sick person’s saliva. This sounds “woo’woo” but it REALLY works for preventing the spread of viruses!
I never recommend getting a flu shot – especially if one is elderly or pregnant!
- Use FluMaxPro* (homeopathic remedy) on a weekly basis for prevention. Take a full dose weekly through cold & flu season for prevention.
- Support your immune system daily using herbs such as astragalus, echinacea, reishi mushrooom, and licorice. BioSET Lymph Immune* is a great formula.
- Take vitamin D3* in increased doses throughout the winter months.
- Stay away from sugar – Make a concerted effort to eat 6-9 servings of vegetables and fruits each day. Steer clear of the sugar in order to keep your immune system performing beautifully.
*can be ordered from K6 Wellness Market Place.