Have you ever had a sty in your eye? My daughter had one recently and could hardly open her eye. It was quite painful so we knew we needed to do something right away.
A sty is a red, painful lump near the edge of your eyelid that may look like a boil or a pimple. Sties are often filled with pus. A sty usually forms on the outside of your eyelid, but sometimes a sty can form on the inner part of your eyelid.
If you have a sty, make sure you do not squeeze the sty as it may lead to infection. Also, avoid wearing makeup or contact lenses until the sty is healed.
Below are a few home remedies to help relieve pain and swelling from the sty:
1. Place a warm, clean cloth on your eye. When the cloth cools, reheat the cloth. Keep repeating for 20 minutes.
2. . Place a wet tea bag over the closed eyelid for about ten minutes.
3. Put 2-3 Colloidal Silver Drops in your eye. We recommend Argentyn 23 Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol.
4. Place slices of cucumbers over the eye to help reduce swelling.
In order to help prevent styes from forming:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water and avoid touching your eyes.
2. Keep from rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes can transfer bacteria from your hands to your eye.
3. Make sure your cosmetic makeup is not old or expired. Old make-up is a breeding ground for bacteria.
4. If you are prone to reoccurring styes, you may want to gently wash your eyes out with a small amount of baby shampoo and warm water.
Our goal at K6 Wellness is to help you and your family on your journey to great health. Please let us know how we can help you.