It’s no secret how much we LOVE coconut oil. Not only is it our favorite oil for cooking, but there are some other uses that will make this a must have in your home.
1. Cooking – Some oils are unsafe to cook with at high temperatures. Coconut oil is a great alternative. Great for baking, stir-frys or as a dairy free replacement to butter
2. Eat 1 TBSP a day to help with energy.
3. Smoothies – Add a TBSP of coconut oil to your favorite protein drink or smoothie.
4. Add it to coffee or tea as a creamer. If adding it to coffee, it is best to blend it, instead of stirring.
5. Can help boost your metabolism.
6. Heartburn or Nausea – Add 1 TBSP to a cup of tea to help sooth nausea or heartburn.
7. Fight dandruff – Massage coconut oil in your scalp to fight dandruff.
8. Lip Balm- Add a small amount to nourish your lips.
9. Eczema – Coconut oil is an anti-inflammatory and a moisturizer. Apply it to irritated skin related to eczema.
10. Shaving cream- Substitute coconut oil for your shaving cream. You will get a close shave and hydrate your skin at the same time.
11. Dry Feet Treatment – Mix with salt to make a foot scrub.
12. Hair Growth – Can be rubbed into scalp daily to stimulate hair growth.
13. Age spots – Can reduce the appearance of age spot; rub on your hands or other areas daily.
14. Massage Oil – Coconut oil is great for massage oil, because it’s not too greasy.
15. Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment- Rub a small amount into your hair, mainly at the ends. Brush your hair before bed and pull up in a bun. Wash out in the morning.
16. Cuticles – Rub on damaged cuticles daily. It will help heal cuticles and help your nails grow.
17. Help with frizzy hair – Apply a tiny amount on your hands and rub through your hair to keep the frizz away.
18. Oil pulling to whiten your teeth and help with gum issues.
19. Relaxing bath – Melt about 1/4 cup of oil and add it to your bath water and soak. You can also use it with our Breathe or Relax Salts.
20. Enhance your eyelashes – Apply a small amount of oil to a cotton swab and spread on your eyelashes before going to bed. It can help strengthen your lashes.