Exercise is good for your body. It releases stress. It improves your mood,improves your self confidence, and boosts your energy but that’s not all. Exercise can also give you acne. Yes, it’s true. And you thought puberty was over!
Don’t throw in the towel on exercising. Here are some tips that will help keep you from breaking out after a workout.
1. Wear loose fitting clothing if you know you’ll be perspiring. Sweat and friction can be a recipe for acne.
2. Take a shower immediately after workout to rinse away your sweat and oil.
3. Style your hair with oil free gels or mousses.
Sweat can cause residue from your hair products to drip onto your skin, which can irritate and clog up your pores, causing blackheads, whiteheads, and inflamed blemishes. Style your hair with oil-free gels or mousses (no pomades) to keep your hairstyle intact while cutting down on the risk of blemishes.
4. Don’t play with your hair while you are working out. When you mess with your hair, it gets all over your hands, and if you then touch your face or body it can clog your pores. Also, keep your hair off of your neck and face.
We love these Zella headbands.
5. Pick workout clothes that are made with fabrics that help to wick sweat away from the skin. Cotton absorbs sweat and dries slowly, which can allow dirt and oil to penetrate into the skin.
6. Gently pat your skin with a towel during your workout. Vigorous rubbing can irritate pores, causing inflammation and breakouts.
7. Don’t wear makeup to the gym. Keep your face clean to allow it to breathe and sweat and flush out any unwanted toxins than need an easy exit path. No one likes mascara running down her face.
8. Keep your yoga mat clean. Your yoga mat is cesspool of germs. Mats can trap in sweat, oil, and bacteria, so either wipe it down or cover it with a fresh, clean towel
Need tips on picking the right mat? See this post on “Open Cell vs Closed Cell Yoga Mats” .
Don’t Miss a Post. Subscribe by email!