Healthy eating takes planning. It is not always easy, but it is always worth it. Food is fuel and you want to fuel your body with the best.
We’ve put together a list that will help you plan as you begin to eat healthy.
Checklist for Eating Healthy
1. Stock your kitchen with healthy foods – food without labels
2. Plan your meals. Fail to plan… plan to fail
3. Have veggies at every meal
4.When shopping – if you buy it, you will eat it. Don’t buy junk!
5. Map out healthier restaurant options in your neighborhood
6. Keep fruit on the counter. If it can be seen, it is more likely to be eaten.
7. Redefine “treats” or better yet, start making your treats. You will consume less sugar, fat and fewer chemicals!
8. Make water your go-to beverage. This simple step saves money and space.
9. Fire up the grill and cook a week’s worth of meat at one time.
10. Keep your counters clear and the sink clean. This may sound strange, but a clean environment yields itself to a more positive experience in the kitchen!