I want to eat healthy while I’m at work, but I don’t know what to eat. I’m tempted to grab something from the vending machine that will hold me over until I get off work. Any suggestions?
This is actually a very common question among my clients. Here are a few ideas that will help:
- Kale Chips are great. You can find them at Whole Foods or make them yourself. (Recipe found here.)
- Kombucha Tea – found at many grocery stores including Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Central Market and Whole Foods. Note – must be refrigerated!!
- Sesame Seed Snacks – Mrs. May’s found at Costco. Easy to keep in your drawer.
- Good ol’ Almonds – found everywhere! It is best to buy raw almonds. The fatty acids go rancid quickly in nuts once they have been cooked, so stick to raw!
- Sparkling Water – many brands found everywhere! I love Le Croix, Perrier, and San Pellegrino.
- If you keep a bottle of flavored Stevia extract at your desk, you can add sweetness and flavor in a hurry! This will soothe even a serious sugar craving with no calories and no sugar intake!
- Fruit and Vegetables – Apples, oives, or mini-peppers (found at Costco) are my favorite “go to” snacks. I also love strawberries and almond butter.
- Lara Bars
Snacking Tricks and Hints:
- Thirst is often misinterpreted as hunger – make yourself drink a water bottle BEFORE you eat anything between meals.
- Portion your snacks BEFORE you are hungry. What does the label say is a serving? How do you feel about the fat and calorie content? Split portions in half if need be. This will help you avoid overeating.
IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL!!
If you would like to ask Sharon a question, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to answer your questions.